Thursday, August 13, 2009

Catching Up-Our Trip to Wisconsin







Since it's been two months since our big trip to Wisconsin, I figured it was about time to blog about it! I can't believe I've been so lazy about this blogging thing. Good grief. Hopefully I'll get around to posting more often.

Anyway, our trip was fabulous! Who knew the kids would do so well driving that far? We didn't even have a DVD player for part of the trip because it broke the first time we tried to use it, and it still went well!

We loved getting to see parts of the country we'd never seen before. Most of the states were new to all of us (K had been to Oklahoma and I'd been to Oklahoma and Kansas) and it was really exciting to get to share this with the kids. On our 2nd day, we happened upon the Iowa visitor's center, and they had an amazing park!

Then on the 3rd day we finally arrived at the camp! At first we were all a little nervous, since we didn't know anyone, but we quickly settled in. Wisconsin Christian Youth Camp is SO BEAUTIFUL! I knew it would be, but I was still so blown away. Once upon a time it was a luxury rustic fishing resort (if that makes any sense) and most of the buildings are from that time. It has an amazing history.

When we first went to our cabin, I just laughed. I wish I'd taken a video of it-it was so small!!! It was just the right size for us, though. The cabin was divided into two rooms, and the older two had the smaller room that just had one bunk bed, and K, E, and I slept in the other room that had 2 bunks and plenty of space for E's pack and play.

Our time there was awesome. The kids loved playing at the creek-they both even went tubing! E loved playing in the sand. The whole place is literally one giant sandbox, except on most of the property they've covered the sand in woodchips. They left one area for sand volleyball and it's also a huge sandbox for the little ones. C won the 6-legged-critter part of the critter race with the ant we caught minutes before the critter race began. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you every detail.

We're hoping to go back next summer. The kids are already asking when we can go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment