Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Just Wanted to Share

I regularly read the Money Saving Mom blog, and lately she's been talking about working from home. I've been working from home for most of our marriage, but I've been working for Tutor.com for 2 years this month (wow!), and thought I might share a little bit about the company. It has been such a blessing for our family, and I thought there were others who might be blessed by it as well.

Tutor.com is such an amazing company! It has been around for approximately 10 years now, and is just growing by leaps and bounds. When I first heard about it from a mom on a homeschooling message board, I was really skeptical because as a rule, I just don't trust online work from home deals like this. But after checking this out, I was convinced that it was "on the level." It is utlized by libraries and businesses across the country, and from what I understand, some branches of the military even offer this as a service to their families. Institutions can purchase memberships for their employees, students, patrons, etc. to use for free, or families can purchase subscriptions, pre-paying for the minutes they will use.

Help is provided online. There is help available for all ages from kindergarten, to college, to adults. Subjects include English, essay help, math, science, social studies, statistics, and even career help including resume writing!

As far as being a tutor goes, it is a fabulous job. The hours are flexible and you make your own schedule each week. You can work as many or as few hours as works for your family.

Right now they're really doing a push for tutors in the subjects of physics, chemistry, caluculs and statistics, so it would be a great time to join if you have experience in any of these subjects. The only requirements for employment are that obviously you have access to a computer and high speed internet, have a Bachelor's degree or are currently in college working towards one, and that you are able to pass content exams in your subject.

If you are at all interested in this company, I suggest you take a look at www.tutor.com/apply. Make sure to let them know that I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment